Outseer Introduces New Identity-Based Account Enrollment Protection and Enhanced Account Takeover Detection Solutions
Innovations powered by new Outseer Beyond partner 1Kosmos to expand fraud prevention value for customers in an identity-centric digital world
Bedford, MA – October 12, 2021 – Outseer, the leader in payment authentication and monitoring solutions, today announced new identity-centric capabilities for its flagship Outseer Fraud Manager™ product offering. The two innovations include:
- New solution for Account Enrollment Protection: Outseer Fraud Manager customers can now enroll their users into new digital services, leveraging biometric facial detection capabilities to prevent fake accounts from synthetic and stolen identities. Powering this solution is technology to validate a live human face against a Government issued ID, and document verification against third-party databases.
- Enhanced solution for Account Takeover Detection: Outseer Fraud Manager customers can now leverage facial recognition for even stronger controls to prevent account compromise attempts. This solution leverages FIDO2 compliant biometrics for strong authentication of users in case of a high risk transaction or digital activity. Additionally, it allows passwordless authentication to be selected as the primary method of authentication during sign up.
Through the Outseer Beyond program, third-party providers including 1Kosmos help to expand the scope and reach of Outseer solutions to a worldwide customer and partner community.
1Kosmos delivers a distributed digital identity platform that is both FIDO2 and NIST certified, providing strong customer authentication to secure account enrollment, logins, payment processing, and eliminate identity fraud.
“We’re enhancing Outseer Fraud Manager solutions with identity-based controls to protect the end-to-end user journey for our customers’ own digital commerce operations. Driving this investment is the rapid increase in account takeover attempts, notably by 27% in 2020 alone,” said Jim Ducharme, COO, Outseer. “Outseer is committed to ridding the world of transactional fraud, and leveraging digital identity capabilities from partners like 1Kosmos will ensure we deliver on this mission even faster.”
“More than 4.7 million fraud cases were reported to the Federal Trade Commission last year, with identity fraud being the root cause,” said Hemen Vimadalal, CEO at 1Kosmos. “1Kosmos
and Outseer are working together to augment and develop new use cases of fraud detection. Using our platform, we will blend user authentication and identity proofing to reduce fraud and increase operational efficiencies – all wrapped into a single frictionless experience.”
- Read about the Outseer solution for Account Enrollment Protection
- Read about the Outseer solution for Account Takeover Detection
- Read more about Outseer Fraud Manager
- Learn more about the Outseer Beyond partner program
- Read the blog
Outseer, an RSA company, empowers the digital economy to grow by authenticating billions of transactions annually. Our payment and account monitoring solutions increase revenue and reduce customer friction for card issuing banks, payment processors, and merchants worldwide. Leveraging 20 billion annual transactions from 6,000 global institutions contributing to the Outseer Data Network, our identity-based science delivers the highest fraud detection rates and lowest customer intervention in the industry. See what others can’t at outseer.com.
1Kosmos BlockID is a distributed digital identity platform supporting both business-to-employee and business-to-consumer services that easily integrates with existing operating systems, applications, and IT security infrastructure to perform strong, verified identity-based authentication – eliminating the need for passwords, one-time codes, and more. By simplifying identity infrastructure, 1Kosmos drives both cost savings and user convenience while securing businesses and individuals from the harm and inconvenience of identity fraud. The company is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.1kosmos.com or follow @1KosmosBlockID on Twitter.